We hope you are having a great start to fall here at Raleigh Court Presbyterian Church! Please make a point of exploring the offerings of your church library. There are always new additions, some of which will be highlighted in these monthly bulletin entries. And there is something for everyone, from Bible study materials, church history, devotionals, and theology, to fiction, non-fiction, health, the arts, and how-to books.
Here are a few reminders about how the library works:
1. Checkouts are on an honor basis, and timely returns are important - especially for any books that are in higher demand. While there is no hard and fast rule about the length of a checkout, two weeks is generally plenty of time. Books should be signed out and returned at the Gathering Area display, or in the library. Be sure to cross your name off of the clipboard when you return a book. And, if you have any overdue books, please return them!
2. Books are divided into color-coded subject areas, including young adult literature and large-print books (primarily for the not-so-young adults!) Books are arranged alphabetically by author (biographies by the last name of the subject).
3. While donations are accepted and may be left in the library, we would ask that those books be:
· in excellent condition
· published since 2000
· within the theological norms of the PCUSA/Reformed Tradition
· appropriate for a church library (this can be a difficult call, we realize, given that great literature may contain questionable language, for example)
We look forward to serving you!